Poker players learn to read the cards of the other players at the table by their actions. Betting patterns and other "tells" can permit a good poker player to understand the strength of his opponents' cards without ever seeing them. There have been only a handful of Vioxx trials, but the announced settlement of the Vioxx litigation provides strong tells as to the weakness of the plaintiffs' claims--and of the weaknesses of current pharmaceutical product liability law.
Riverboat Poker And Paradoxes: The Vioxx Settlement
- Did Merck settle too generously?
- Breaking: Merck wins reversal of Garza v. Merck Vioxx $32 million verdict
- Dr. Egilman responds
- Vioxx: JAMA publishes litigation-support for trial lawyers
- Vioxx settlement: Merck reports 93% enrollment
- Vioxx litigation update, February 21
- The FDA's warning letter on Vioxx
- Vioxx settlement: February 4 update
- Federal grand jury in Vioxx case
- Loser-pays and the Vioxx settlement
- Florida attorneys ask to expand Vioxx settlement
- Warner/Mitchell in Lancet: COX-2s no worse than NSAIDs
- George Cohen's letter to the FTC re the Vioxx settlement
- Breaking: Fallon reports Vioxx settlement ethical concerns resolved