Plenty of interesting settlement statistics drawn from the National Practitioner Data Bank by a new publication calling itself MedMal Reporter (PDF) (via Maryland Injury Lawyer Blog, who says that the report "answers the questions I have always wondered about: whether gender matters (it does not), and what is the optimal age of a plaintiff with respect to settlement/trial value of the case (30-39).")
"What determines malpractice payments?"
- The Emperor's Clothes: Should jury bias against corporations receive legal recognition?
- The medical liability language in the health care law
- Michigan: "State's top court is siding with malpractice claims"
- Prairie dog bite: $328,370
- From Linda Gorman, Independence Institute: more on those IOM medical-error numbers
- New Zealand's unique injury compensation system
- Save our hospitals from New York's malpractice climate
- Yoo-hoo! ABA Journal!
- Bigger jury verdicts during the holiday season?
- Litigation earmark for black-farmers suit
- Massachusetts med mal: Prof. Marc Rodwin responds
- Marc A. Rodwin et al., Malpractice Premiums In Massachusetts
- $60 Million Damages Award to Sleepy Driver Overturned
- Taxation of employment-law damages
Center for Legal Policy at the