Law.com's Legal Intelligencer reports a "contributions spree" by the state trial lawyers association, which has funneled a hundred thousand or more apiece to two Democratic nominees, Seamus P. McCaffery and Debra Todd, and one Republican, Maureen Lally-Green. The only candidate not to receive trial lawyer money is Republican Mike Krancer, who perhaps can go it alone because he is a member of the wealthy Annenberg family. More coverage of the contests here.
Pennsylvania Supreme Court races
- HRT punitive damages before Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court to review Wal-Mart class action mega verdict
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court delivers significant asbestos ruling
- Prosser ahead in Wisconsin
- Trial lawyers now funding Republican candidates for Alabama Supreme Court
- Around the web, March 1
- "New York Takes Step on Money in Judicial Elections"
- Election day
- Beasley Allen's hidden support for Alabama Supreme Court candidate
- "The Assault on the Elected Judiciary"
- Justice Ginsburg: states should give up on electing judges
- A most important election Tuesday: Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Judicial selection and business, cont'd
- Election miscellany
- Some interstitial thoughts on judicial selection and elections