Insurance rates are dropping from a level already lower than that in nearby states. (Detroit News, Crain's Detroit Business). "For instance, in 2008, an obstetrician in Wayne County will pay about $120,000 for malpractice insurance, compared with nearly $300,000 in Illinois and more than $150,000 in Ohio." (Detroit Free Press).
Michigan med mal
- Medical malpractice reform passes House
- Federal constitutional challenge to Texas tort reform rejected
- HR 5
- New Featured Discussion: MI and Cato scholars debate med-mal
- Arafiles update
- Around the web, July 27
- Around the web, June 24
- Around the web, June 16
- Illusory medical malpractice reform in New York
- "Intent to Harm"
- Somin on federalism and tort reform
- Around the web, May 23
- The constitutionality of HR 5
- "Have Policy Debates on Liability Reform Overemphasized States' Rights?"
- The Commerce Clause, sufficient for federal medical tort reform?
Center for Legal Policy at the