So much to read of late:
* MedRants on costs of the system, fee-per-visit malpractice surcharges for patients, and assorted thoughts;
* MedPundit reports that "The American College of Radiology [has] once again [taken] action against a member who has abused the expert witness system";
* Chris Rangel on the cost of defensive medicine, settlement economics, and the Hollins case (more on that case), and on the VP debate;
* SymTym on defensive CT scans and nursing ratios;
* Galen on money vs. justice;
* KevinMD on treating lawyers as patients (referencing this Medical Economics piece) and defensive medicine;
* MichMedMal on a new Pew study regarding medical technology and liability (which can be downloaded here).