Both the Center for Individual Rights and PLF have filed Second Circuit amicus briefs arguing against Judge Harold Baer's requirements that class counsel meet racial quotas in Blessing v. Sirius XM. (Oddly, neither brief was online; I was waiting for the organizations to publicize their January filings before posting. I've now uploaded them: PLF; CIR.
Blessing v. Sirius XM racial quota update
- Around the web, April 11
- Sackett v. EPA
- Prospective injunctive relief class actions and McNair v. Synapse Group Inc.
- Third Circuit argument in Dewey v. Volkswagen
- Cobell v. Salazar oral argument in DC Circuit
- Sixth Circuit brief in Pampers Dry Max class action
- Frank v. Fitzpatrick: I get to say "told you so!"
- Setback for Chevron in fraudulent Ecuador litigation
- Frankel on Baer race quota orders
- CCAF Second Circuit brief in Blessing v. Sirius XM Radio, Inc.
- Second Circuit Interprets Prison Litigation Reform Act to Cap Attorney's Fee Award at $1.40
- CEI amicus in Cobell v. Salazar Indian trust appeal
- Opening brief filed in Cobell v. Salazar
- Around the web, October 14
Center for Legal Policy at the