Sitting on Governor Jerry Brown's desk is a union-pushed bill, SB 469, that would create an extra layer of state bureaucracy whenever a Wal-Mart or SuperTarget seeks to open. The fact that the legislature passed this ridiculous bill when the state has 12% unemployment shows how legislators care more about special-interest union concerns than the interests of its citizenry. [Cal Watchdog]
California SB 469
- Proxy Monitor: Potential Influence of ISS over Shareholder Votes
- What media bias? - Romney's car elevator
- More on 2006 Louisiana environmental law's jackpot justice
- New Proxy Monitor Report: Will alarming trends in shareholder activism continue in 2012?
- Obama State of the Union speech
- San Francisco sick leave followup
- Adverse effects of CARD Act's limits on freedom of contract
- Anti-overregulation bill dying in Senate committee
- Hans Bader uncovers a Catch-22 in EEOC enforcement
- "The Public-Union Albatross"
- Cordray Confirmation Stalemate Continues to 'Handicap' CFPB
- Ohio union vote
- "NLRB Postpones Worker-Notification Rule"
- More arguments against the Obama American Jobs Act's litigation provisions
- What's in the water in Wisconsin?