Legal Newsline does some investigating, and finds a phantom venue-shopping office in Longview, Texas. Our analysis of the Eastern District of Texas is quoted. Related earlier on POL.
"Patent company has big case, no office"
- "When Lawyers Become Trolls"
- Madison County's controversial asbestos litigation system under fire yet again
- Alex Tabarrok on medical patents
- Preempro jackpot justice verdicts in Philadelphia
- Study: patent trolls cost at least $500 billion
- "Something intrinsically unusual is occurring in Philadelphia"
- Around the web, September 20
- Multi-defendant patent suits
- More on the Eastern District of Texas
- Around the web, August 25
- Why is the Eastern District of Texas home to so many patent trolls?
- "This American Life" on patent trolls and the patent arms race
- Dilbert on the patent arms race
- Loser pays in action: punishment for a patent troll