As if prompted by my Tuesday post on the case, yesterday the California Supreme Court correctly ruled on Howell, which will save consumers billions of dollars a year on insurance costs at the expense of attorney windfalls. More at Cal Biz Lit and CJAC.
Update: good result in Howell v. Hamilton Meats & Provisions
- Pane and Suffering at Apple Store on Long Island
- Update on California foreign policy efforts
- Global warming lawsuits and insurance
- And this is why your Michigan auto insurance is so expensive: Boertmann v. Cincinnati Insurance
- Fogel v. Farmers Group: CCAF challenges $90m fee in claims-made settlement
- Howell v. Hamilton Meats & Provisions
- Poorly-drafted Medicare legislation adding costs
- Insurers and Toyota sudden acceleration
- Gameshow justice: Godwin v. Electrolux Home Prods.
- Kabateck Brown Kellner discovers the flaw of cy pres
- Anti-reform measure in North Carolina
- Around the web, February 1
- Around the web, January 13
- Top ten lists