Warren Buffett's New York Times op-ed is getting some attention, with praise for his selflessness in calling for higher taxes on himself. It should be noted that Buffett's motivations can't be called entirely selfless: Berkshire Hathaway's business model often involves purchasing private family-owned companies that are hit hardest by the estate tax. The absence of the estate tax takes away this source of profit.
Warren Buffett and taxes
- Warren Buffett and taxes III
- What media bias? Freddie Mac edition
- "Porsche girl" lawsuit update
- Speaking of NY Times bias...
- NY Times partisan hackery department: filibuster division
- Obama State of the Union speech
- H.R. 1996: Government Litigation Savings Act
- The 53%
- Around the web, September 20
- Your tax dollars at work: encouraging moral hazard
- Around the web, September 2
- Around the web, August 31
- Self-parody NY Times op-ed department: "Ugly? You May Have A Case"
- Around the web, August 26
- Warren Buffett and taxes II
Center for Legal Policy at the