- I'm quoted. "Cobell Concludes with the Rich getting Richer." [Indian Country Today; earlier]
- One problem with Cobell is the commonality of the sprawling Trust Administration class. Another D.D.C. court recently decertified a class because of similar commonality problems. [Trask; Lightfoot v. DC]
- California court creates implied right of action to sue insurers. Insurance Journal
- "A Supreme Court win for political speech." [Will @ WaPo]
- Roger Parloff's Lago Agrio litigation financing story no longer behind paywall. [Fortune]
- "Hypotheses are verified by testing, not by submitting them to lay juries for a vote." S.D. Fla. rejects junk-science lawsuit accusing Fixodent of causing myelopathy. [In re Denture Cream Prod. Liab. Lit. via Oliver]
- CPSC overregulation of cribs costing tens of millions. [Olson; CFIF]
- Another voice against TSA security theater, [Bloomberg]
Around the web, July 12
- Prospective injunctive relief class actions and McNair v. Synapse Group Inc.
- Apple iPhone 4 bumper class action settlement
- Third Circuit argument in Dewey v. Volkswagen
- Dewey v. Volkswagen oral argument tomorrow
- How much is the Bluetooth settlement injunction worth?
- CCAF Seventh Circuit briefing on derivative shareholder suit standards
- Around the web, March 13
- Day v. Persels & Associates
- Bad typography evidence of bad faith?
- Apple class actions
- Around the web, February 21
- Cobell v. Salazar oral argument in DC Circuit
- Sioux sue
- Herzfeld & Rubin, Volkswagen, and Stockholm Syndrome
- Sixth Circuit brief in Pampers Dry Max class action