Milberg and several other law firms collected $21 million in quick-pay fees for a Missouri state-court class action settlement that provided face value of $39 million to the class, most of which was in $8.22 coupons. The Center for Class Action Fairness appealed the rubber-stamp approval, and, on Friday, filed a reply brief in the case. Oral argument is set for May 4 in St. Louis.
Reply brief in Bachman v. A.G. Edwards coupon settlement appeal
- "Attorney fee-only" bankruptcy plans
- Apple iPhone 4 bumper class action settlement
- Third Circuit argument in Dewey v. Volkswagen
- Dewey v. Volkswagen oral argument tomorrow
- How much is the Bluetooth settlement injunction worth?
- CCAF Seventh Circuit briefing on derivative shareholder suit standards
- Around the web, March 13
- Day v. Persels & Associates
- Bad typography evidence of bad faith?
- Apple class actions
- 0.1% claim rate in "successful" class action
- Cobell v. Salazar oral argument in DC Circuit
- Asbestos litigation and search-engine optimization
- Herzfeld & Rubin, Volkswagen, and Stockholm Syndrome
- Sixth Circuit brief in Pampers Dry Max class action
Center for Legal Policy at the