- Conservative and libertarian alternatives to originalism? [Kerr @ Volokh reposting Fed Soc panel]
- Manatt pays $25M to settle malicious prosecution suit. One place where liability should be expanded: more law firms should be sued for bringing bad lawsuits. [American Lawyer]
- Evidence of the SOX effect on IPOs. [Ribstein]
- Interview with Victor Schwartz [TortsProf]
- Deep pockets files: driver under influence of marijuana kills two, and jury hits insurance company that issued him a $15,000 policy with a $50M verdict. [OL]
- Scott Greenfield discusses a recent motion to seal in the Third Circuit. [Simple Justice]
- "Lawyer fighting St. Louis class action settlement." [LNL]
Around the web, February 1
- Prospective injunctive relief class actions and McNair v. Synapse Group Inc.
- Apple iPhone 4 bumper class action settlement
- Third Circuit argument in Dewey v. Volkswagen
- Dewey v. Volkswagen oral argument tomorrow
- How much is the Bluetooth settlement injunction worth?
- CCAF Seventh Circuit briefing on derivative shareholder suit standards
- § 1920 and e-discovery costs
- Day v. Persels & Associates
- Bad typography evidence of bad faith?
- Update on California foreign policy efforts
- Apple class actions
- Around the web, February 21
- Deep pocket files: Scott Simon and Harding Pharmacy
- Cobell v. Salazar oral argument in DC Circuit
- Global warming lawsuits and insurance