- New York Times covers litigation financing; Ribstein discusses.
- Medical malpractice reform possible? The House Judiciary Committee is holding hearings today at 10:30; Rep. Lamar Smith's memo introducing the topic cited my work. But the Committee doesn't have a functional website yet, so we'll link to an ex-Obama administration official's op-ed on the topic. [Orszag @ NYT]
- Salon gets around to pulling RFK Jr.'s appalling "Deadly Immunity" anti-vaccine article; and don't miss part 2 of the BMJ expose. [Discover; Olson; Adler @ Volokh]
- Luther Campbell discusses his experience as a civil defendant, complaining that he had to pay his attorney "Elena-Kagan money." [Miami New Times]
- Oral argument in the Supreme Court Matrixx securities case. [10b-5 Daily; Securities Law Prof; WSJ Law Blog]
- CCAF wins Classmates.com objection; opinion to come. [CCAF; earlier at POL]
- Stupid legal threat against Boing Boing runs into the Streisand effect. [and Overlawyered update]
- Eight crazy constitutional scenarios. [Oliva]
Around the web, January 20
- Medical malpractice reform passes House
- Federal constitutional challenge to Texas tort reform rejected
- Obamacare Debate Complete: The participant with the most compelling argument was...
- Sackett v. EPA
- Apple iPhone 4 bumper class action settlement
- Third Circuit argument in Dewey v. Volkswagen
- Dewey v. Volkswagen oral argument tomorrow
- Coming next week: featured discussion on PPACA
- A small victory against the EPA
- How much is the Bluetooth settlement injunction worth?
- CCAF Seventh Circuit briefing on derivative shareholder suit standards
- New Podcasts: Making sense of the court order in Kiobel
- HR 5
- Day v. Persels & Associates
- Kiobel debate complete