Legal NewsLine has a roundup of AG and state supreme court elections taking place today. Of particular interest: Illinois, where Thomas Kilbride is facing a serious enough challenge that he's misrepresenting himself as a Republican; and Iowa, where three justices face a Rose-Bird-like challenge over their activist reading of the Iowa constitution to require gay marriage. In Michigan, Robert Young is running against Denise Langford-Morris and some particularly slimy attacks.
- Prosser ahead in Wisconsin
- Trial lawyers now funding Republican candidates for Alabama Supreme Court
- Around the web, March 1
- "New York Takes Step on Money in Judicial Elections"
- On Election Day, some politics
- On the day before the elections, some politics
- Beasley Allen's hidden support for Alabama Supreme Court candidate
- "The Assault on the Elected Judiciary"
- Around the web, August 27
- Justice Ginsburg: states should give up on electing judges
- Michigan: "State's top court is siding with malpractice claims"
- At the Michigan Supreme Court
- Around the Web, August 26
- Michigan's economic woes
Center for Legal Policy at the