Plaintiff-friendly procedures in infamous judicial hellhole Madison County are "a cautionary tale about the power of procedural 'innovations,' the ability of a judge or judges in one location to impact the entire national system of litigation, the extreme mobility of asbestos claims and the tyranny of economic incentives." [ILR; LNL]
Madison County asbestos
- Judge orders end to trial reservation system in Madison County asbestos docket
- More on 2006 Louisiana environmental law's jackpot justice
- The problem of the special master
- PR efforts in atrazine litigation
- Asbestos litigation and search-engine optimization
- Around the web, January 27
- California rejects tertiary asbestos liability in O'Neill v. Crane
- "Missouri lawyers weigh in on class action concerns"
- Madison County's controversial asbestos litigation system under fire yet again
- Around the web, December 15
- Preempro jackpot justice verdicts in Philadelphia
- "Something intrinsically unusual is occurring in Philadelphia"
- Another lawless jackpot award over propofol in Nevada
- "State Court Challenges to Legislatively Enacted Tort Reforms"
- Congressional hearing on asbestos fraud
Center for Legal Policy at the