Larry Ribstein is skeptical, and wonders if the emphasis on diversity at the board level suggests that the board is entirely extraneous.
Diversity and corporate governance
- Proxy Monitor: Potential Influence of ISS over Shareholder Votes
- New Proxy Monitor Report: Will alarming trends in shareholder activism continue in 2012?
- Hans Bader on EU's proposed gender quotas for corporate boards
- Johnson & Johnson lawsuit thrown out
- Harvey Pitt and Proxy Monitor 2011; say on pay
- Breaking: DC Circuit strikes down SEC proxy access rule
- Roundup, July 18
- "Why Proxy Access (SEC Rule 14a-11) is Harmful to Corporate Governance"
- Around the web, May 23
- New Proxy Monitor Finding on Executive Compensation
- Merger lawsuits
- Audio podcast on Proxy Monitor
- Bainbridge: Corporate Governance and Capital Markets Competitiveness
- New website: Proxy Monitor
- Around the web, November 25