Ted Frank, adjunct fellow at the Manhattan Institute, sees more than an unpaid bill on the horizon. "The worst part of the bailouts was the way the administration used political threats to trample over established bankruptcy law and settled expectations," he says "In the long run, the bailout will cost far more jobs than it saves, even in the unlikely event that GM and Chrysler pay back the government in full."
That auto bailout
- "Attorney fee-only" bankruptcy plans
- Romney is right about the auto bailout
- Event video featuring Kenneth R. Feinberg: Is America's legal system broken?
- Ohio union vote
- What's in the water in Wisconsin?
- Around the web, June 13
- Around the web, February 13
- Ransom v. FIA Card Services
- Around the web, November 18
- The GM IPO
- Around the web, July 26
- Chrysler bailout and bankruptcy law
- Chrysler and Sales Free and Clear
- W.R. Grace Chapter 11
Center for Legal Policy at the