Six lawyers from the Beasley Allen firm wrote 52 checks for $606,000 and laundered them through an "arcane maze" of PAC groups for unsuccessful Alabama Supreme Court candidate Deborah Bell Paseur without ever appearing on a list of contributors to her campaign. Paseur is running for the state appellate court this year. [Legal Newsline]
Beasley Allen's hidden support for Alabama Supreme Court candidate
- Romney and self-deporting
- Prosser ahead in Wisconsin
- Trial lawyers now funding Republican candidates for Alabama Supreme Court
- Around the web, March 1
- "New York Takes Step on Money in Judicial Elections"
- Election day
- "The Assault on the Elected Judiciary"
- We await the invention of a litigation dispersant
- All oil, all the time
- Troy King defeated in Alabama Republican primary
- Abel v. Austin (Ky. App. 2010)
- Justice Ginsburg: states should give up on electing judges
- Kingmaking in Alabama politics
- Drug pricing suits: "the dread Alabama home field advantage"
Center for Legal Policy at the