Troy King, who farmed out state litigation on questionable theories of Medicare overcharges on contingency-fee bases to firms that then proceeded to farm it out to Beasley Allen, was defeated by Luther Strange 60-40 in a low-turnout primary yesterday.
Troy King defeated in Alabama Republican primary
- Romney and self-deporting
- Jim Hood reelected
- Around the web, August 11
- Lester Brickman podcast
- Prosser ahead in Wisconsin
- Trial lawyers now funding Republican candidates for Alabama Supreme Court
- The dramatic effect of Citizens United
- Beasley Allen's hidden support for Alabama Supreme Court candidate
- DRI -- "Tax Breaks for Trial Lawyers: Making the Government a Partner in Litigation"
- We await the invention of a litigation dispersant
- All oil, all the time
- Abel v. Austin (Ky. App. 2010)
- Renewed lobbying priority -- tax breaks for contingency-fee suits
- Kingmaking in Alabama politics