Labor policy and labor law are the theme of the latest (Winter 2010) issue of the Cato Journal. Among the contributions (all PDF) are Armand Thieblot, "Unions, the Rule of Law, and Political Rent Seeking"; George C. Leef, "Prevailing Wage Laws: Public Interest or Special Interest Legislation?"; and Charles W. Baird, "Toward a Free-Market Union Law."
Cato Journal: "Are Unions Good for America?"
- Proxy Monitor: Potential Influence of ISS over Shareholder Votes
- New Proxy Monitor Report: Will alarming trends in shareholder activism continue in 2012?
- San Francisco sick leave followup
- FLSA and breast-feeding
- Hans Bader uncovers a Catch-22 in EEOC enforcement
- NBA decertification and antitrust lawsuit
- "The Public-Union Albatross"
- Ohio union vote
- "NLRB Postpones Worker-Notification Rule"
- What's in the water in Wisconsin?
- Department of Labor seeks to narrow "advice exception" to disclosure laws
- California SB 469
- NLRB notice rule
- Around the web, August 26
- Around the web, August 19
Center for Legal Policy at the