Sean Higgins' article quotes me today on the lameness of the Reid health bill's allocation of $50 million to liability demonstration projects carefully screened to avoid anything that might bother the trial bar. (Earlier at Overlawyered and at Point of Law.) I also joined Mike Rosen on his radio show today to talk about the provision's political role as a fig leaf for Democratic members who feel they need to say back home that they made some gesture on this topic. (cross-posted from Overlawyered)
Quoted in Investors Business Daily
- Spirited med-mal debate complete!
- SCOTUS Grants 5.5-Hour Oral Argument on Constitutionality of PPACA: What to Expect
- Trial lawyer transportation lobbying: It's a pretty big deal
- McCarthyism or Stupid Politician Trick?
- Constitutionality of Obamacare, cont'd
- Employer mandates hidden in health care bill
- State statutes purporting to opt out from Obamacare
- AJP's liability-reform "heroes and villains"
- Propositions that may be sold to constituents dep't
- Trial lawyers prepare ad campaign on med-mal
- Connecticut Dept. of Speech Supervision
- "Obama's Medical-Malpractice Opportunity"
- Surgeons vs. Obama
- Now at Forbes.com: "Inside the health care bill"
Center for Legal Policy at the