Mass Tort Lit summarizes some of the 2009 Law360 Litigation Almanac highlights. "Among the federal-court findings: class actions rose 8% (reaching an all-time high); product liability litigation increased 20%; federal environmental lawsuits went up for the first time since 2005; and, in contrast, securities litigation dropped by 8%."
"Lawsuit Growth in 2008"
- Second Circuit Interprets Prison Litigation Reform Act to Cap Attorney's Fee Award at $1.40
- Low-hanging fruit and job creation
- On the feeding frenzy over Deepwater Horizon spill litigation
- Told-you-so dept.: USDOT exonerates Toyota
- Web-only Q & A session on Stossel
- Pacific Research Institute 2010 Tort Liability Index
- "States fear that five words in Obama health law will open door to lawsuits"
- Upcoming RAND seminar on litigation financing
- Eighth Circuit goes on joinder bender
- The year that was (and more lists)
- Oct. 28 Chamber Legal Reform Summit in D.C.
- IUDs: "The best birth control"
- Class action against litigation/settlement funding firm
- New credit-card bill
Center for Legal Policy at the