The Washington Examiner's Tim Carney argues that Jack Abramoff's colleague Kevin Ring is being unfairly prosecuted under the extremely broad federal wire fraud law for the legal act of lobbying in bad company.
Is Lobbying a Crime?
- New statute would make state witness tampering a federal crime
- Bader on the Theodore Urban case
- Paul Larkin on the STOCK Act
- Reflection on the criminal law scholarship of William Stuntz
- Supreme Court hears argument on Stolen Valor Act
- Around the web, February 21
- Distinguishing between the "public corruption amendment" and fighting public corruption
- Bill introduced to de-criminalize the Lacey Act
- New Column: Potential criminalization of traditional business relationships
- Around the web, January 27
- SOPA protests demonstrate the value of limited-government principles
- New Podcast: James Copland and Andrew Wise discuss 'honest services' fraud post-Skilling and the Kevin Ring trial
- New Podcast: James Copland and Timothy O'Toole discuss overcriminalization concerns raised by the 'Clean Up Government Act'
- Around the web, December 15
- 'Clean Up Government Act' sparks overcriminalization concerns
Center for Legal Policy at the