Because trying to suppress the symptoms is so much easier, at least over the short term, than dealing with the underlying ailment.
"N.Y. Extends Med Mal Rate Freeze"
- A shocking concession by Svorny on medical malpractice caps
- Texas tort reform could be a 2012 issue
- New doctors fleeing Illinois because of malpractice environment
- Med-mal insurers and antitrust: the costs of payback
- New York: "Malpractice needs a genuine fix"
- A response to Marc Rodwin; the Massachusetts medical malpractice crisis
- Massachusetts med mal: Prof. Marc Rodwin responds
- "Where is Dr. Carl?"
- Big teaching-hospital cuts after Oregon high court ruling
- Herbert on med-mal, cont'd