I am currently reworking my next article, The Private Market for Specious Claims. The current abstract can be found here, and I invite comments from anyone with an interest in mass torts and asbestos litigation, including those who may not ordinarily read academic articles in this area. During the preparation of my last article, some of the most insightful and challenging comments came from practitioners and nonlawyers who are active in this area. Please let me know if you would like a copy of the next draft when it becomes available. Thanks!
The Specious Claim Market
- 0.1% claim rate in "successful" class action
- KBR seeking loser-pays against Jamie Leigh Jones
- "Actions speak louder than words"
- The House medical liability reform bill comes in, unfrivolously
- Obama's SOTU medical malpractice plank
- Medical liability reform, the White House version
- "Thimerosal-autism test cases dismissed"
- Memphis sues Wells Fargo over subprime
- "Chevron Files Malicious Prosecution Suit Against Plaintiffs Lawyer"
- Systemic Indifference
- Specter introduces bill to overturn Stoneridge
- Asbestos MDL Clearing Docket With Shocking Tactic...
- Mother - 'Pool got my daughter pregnant'
- Twelve claims a day