Now we find out dept.: a judge says it's because the entire land area in question is set aside for the Cherokee nation. Injunctive relief is still a possibility, but Arkansas Attorney General says the setback for fellow AG Drew Edmondson's suit is "devastating". [Washington Post, Tulsa World, Feedstuffs; earlier]
Oklahoma can't seek damages in chicken suit
- Dewey v. Volkswagen opening brief
- Around the web, July 27
- Around the web, May 23
- New Jersey's jurisdictional grab, cont'd
- Korzec, "Products Liability Harmonization: A Uniform Standard"
- "The U.S. Can't Be the World's Court"
- "A malignant form of institutional competition"
- Parloff on Russia v. Bank of New York Mellon
- In a Moscow courtroom
- Two good background reads
- Supreme Court limits HMO suits to federal courts