Pro-union legislation passed by the Wisconsin legislature and signed by Gov. Jim Doyle sweeps 3,200 research assistants at the state university into what proponents anticipate will be a card-check system of unionization. In addition, unions are pushing for something called "unit clarification" which if successful could corral thousands of university employees into collective bargaining just by redefining the scope of bargaining units. Donald Downs of UW-Madison explains in a post for the Manhattan Institute's Minding the Campus.
"Card check comes to campus"
- New teeth for federal contractor regulation?
- Labor law reform without EFCA?
- "Don't Buy Specter's EFCA 'Compromise'"
- EFCA vs. employers' speech
- "Card-Checked: The Game"
- EFCA "compromise", the latest round
- "The Impact of Card Check on the U.S. Economy"
- F. Vincent Vernuccio, "A Primer on the Employee Free Choice Act's Arbitration Provision"
- State of play on EFCA
- WSJ: "Blinding arbitration"
- Mail-in union balloting
- _What_ employer advantage?
- A card-check Twitter scam
- EFCA : new footwork needed