I'm in today's New York Post with a second take on yesterday's Ricci (New Haven firefighters) case. Link thanks: Instapundit. My first take on the decision, at Forbes.com yesterday, is linked here, and see also comments on it by Daniel Schwartz, Jon Hyman, Ohio Employment Law (to whom thanks for the kind comments as well), and Scott Greenfield (cross-posted, slightly adapted, from Overlawyered).
"Court: Discriminate -- with discretion"
- "The Anti-Interference Principle"
- Damned if you do files: Briscoe v. New Haven
- "Disparate Impact Realism"
- Impacts of Ricci v. DeStefano
- New Haven promotes white firefighters against whom it had racially discriminated
- Ricci v. DeStefano discussed at Quinnipiac
- Jim Copland on Ricci/firefighters case
- Now up at Forbes.com: my reactions on Ricci
- Another quick reaction re Judge Sotomayor
- More on Ricci v. DeStefano
- Second Circuit: race-conscious discarding of test results OK