I've got an opinion piece up at Forbes.com on today's Supreme Court decision in Ricci v. DiStefano, the New Haven firefighter reverse-discrimination case. The title: "Sued If You Do, Sued If You Don't: Through the Looking Glass on Affirmative Action" (cross-posted from Overlawyered).
Now up at Forbes.com: my reactions on Ricci
- What's in the water in Wisconsin?
- "The Anti-Interference Principle"
- Damned if you do files: Briscoe v. New Haven
- "Disparate Impact Realism"
- Trump's record
- Around the web, January 6
- Impacts of Ricci v. DeStefano
- Milliken, Rodriguez, and Adarand "swept into the dustbin of history"
- New Haven promotes white firefighters against whom it had racially discriminated
- Ricci v. DeStefano discussed at Quinnipiac
- Jim Copland on Ricci/firefighters case
- "Court: Discriminate -- with discretion"
- Another quick reaction re Judge Sotomayor
- Heather Mac Donald on the philanthropy shakedown