...Barack Obama indicated a willingness to break ranks with his trial lawyer supporters and consider limits on medical malpractice awards last week. Our poll shows that the public supports limits on malpractice awards by a 42%-24% margin with 34% unsure. Hardly anyone (12%) believe malpractice damage awards are too low and a plurality believe they are too high.
Economist/YouGov poll on med-mal
- Medical malpractice reform passes House
- Federal constitutional challenge to Texas tort reform rejected
- HR 5
- New Featured Discussion: MI and Cato scholars debate med-mal
- Arafiles update
- SCOTUS Grants 5.5-Hour Oral Argument on Constitutionality of PPACA: What to Expect
- Around the web, July 27
- Around the web, June 24
- Around the web, June 16
- Illusory medical malpractice reform in New York
- "Intent to Harm"
- Somin on federalism and tort reform
- Around the web, May 23
- The constitutionality of HR 5
- "Have Policy Debates on Liability Reform Overemphasized States' Rights?"