One highlight: "The City filed criminal charges against the bank [for not cleaning up an apartment building it had lent on] even though the bank didn't accept title to the property." [Kevin Funnell, Bank Lawyer's Blog]
Cincinnati strong-arms mortgage lenders
- KBR seeking loser-pays against Jamie Leigh Jones
- "Actions speak louder than words"
- The House medical liability reform bill comes in, unfrivolously
- Obama's SOTU medical malpractice plank
- Medical liability reform, the White House version
- "Thimerosal-autism test cases dismissed"
- Memphis sues Wells Fargo over subprime
- "Chevron Files Malicious Prosecution Suit Against Plaintiffs Lawyer"
- Specter introduces bill to overturn Stoneridge
- The Specious Claim Market
- Mother - 'Pool got my daughter pregnant'
- Twelve claims a day
- Starbucks barista tips: appeals court reverses $86 million award
- Cities' "subprime lending as nuisance" suits, cont'd
Center for Legal Policy at the