Kirk Hartley has the story on a Western District of Pennsylvania bankruptcy judge's decision. For a few samples of our criticism of less-than-fully-adversarial practices in asbestos bankruptcies, see links here, here, and here. Related post here (summarizing article in Columbia Business Law Journal by S. Todd Brown of Temple). More: ABA Journal.
"Skinner Asbestos Bankruptcy Rejected As Collusive"
- "Attorney fee-only" bankruptcy plans
- Judge orders end to trial reservation system in Madison County asbestos docket
- The problem of the special master
- Romney is right about the auto bailout
- Asbestos litigation and search-engine optimization
- California rejects tertiary asbestos liability in O'Neill v. Crane
- Madison County's controversial asbestos litigation system under fire yet again
- Ohio union vote
- What's in the water in Wisconsin?
- Congressional hearing on asbestos fraud
- Judge orders lawyers to mandatory Labor-Day weekend seminar
- Around the web, August 22
- "CSX claims racketeering in Pittsburgh law firm's legal tactics"
- Around the web, July 29
- Around the web, June 18