The Obama administration backed away from a plan to sell the automaker to Fiat free and clear of tort claims, after an intense campaign by you-know-who. "A vow to wreck the new business by suing dealers and suppliers helped, too." [Steve Korris, Legal NewsLine/W.V. Record]
Trial lawyers and the Chrysler bailout
- Around the web, December 15
- "The Great Debate: Does America Need More Trial Lawyers?"
- Around the web, June 5
- Labor Department promotes lawsuits
- NASA exonerates Toyota on sudden acceleration
- Around the web, October 29
- Around the web, October 21
- DRI -- "Tax Breaks for Trial Lawyers: Making the Government a Partner in Litigation"
- Zach Scruggs: "post comments on all Rossmiller's blogs and overtake it with our propaganda"
- "Paying-To-Play in Securities Class Actions: A Look at Lawyers' Campaign Contributions"
- "Look for the union agenda, and get ready to pay"
- California trial lawyer generosity, cont'd
- "Big, late $ from trial lawyer-backed group"
- Trial Lawyers, Inc.: K Street -- Federal Government Relations (I)
- Trial Lawyers, Inc.: K Street -- Foundations
Center for Legal Policy at the