Today's Wall St. Journal details Oklahoma's "pay to sue" racket, whereby the state AG sues defendants using outside contingent fee attorneys, who then funnel part of their contingency payment back to the AG's political coffers.
WSJ Blasts Oklahoma's AG
- Federal district court dismisses Netflix suit
- Wal-Mart Settlement Offer: Potentially Pocket Change for Class Member Participants
- Kentucky AG Sued Over Contingency-Fee Arrangement With Private Outside Counsel
- Coverage of Trial Lawyers Inc.
- Jim Hood's coupon settlement
- Lester Brickman podcast
- "$7 million to sue Wal-Mart"?
- Around the web, June 13
- Around the web, April 14
- Oklahoma tort reform passes
- Oklahoma tort reform moving forward
- Podcast: Lester Brickman and "Lawyer Barons"
- Colorado DA offers bonuses for convictions
- Around the web, March 28
- Lester Brickman speaking in New York