The conveyance is not without controversy, it seems (NY Post: "Sometimes crime does pay.") Former city official Henry Stern views the episode as sui generis: "giving away buildings in lower Manhattan to people who break into them and declare themselves owners should not be considered the new public policy of the city of New York."
NYC: million dollar property transferred to squatters
- A small victory against the EPA
- Richard Epstein comments on takings law and jurisprudence
- Judge Upholds New Rules Prohibiting the 'Occupation' of Zuccotti Park
- Occupy Wall Street finds the communal pie more difficult to divide than originally thought
- Liability for snowstorms in Massachusetts
- John Avlon, "Sue City"
- Is Sotomayor Soft on Property Rights?
- Office-lobby slip-falls
- Tougher rent controls for NYC?
- When the crisis ends
- NYC settles major homeless suit
- "Claimants Against New York Get a Boost From Comptroller"
- Greenwich Village's choice...
- History of NYC law department