Washoe County (NV) School District claims it would have responded to former student Jana Elhifny's complaints if she had been able to tell school officials anything about her tormentor--gender, size, tone of voice--before she dropped out to return to Egypt and marry. But the school settled her claim--and that of Elhifny's non-muslim friend who felt "ostracized" for supporting Elhifny--for $400,000 to put an end to the "lengthy and expensive litigation."
Harassed for Wearing a Headscarf?
- SEC files to appeal Judge Rakoff's rejection of Citi settlement
- Trask on Prakash
- Federal district court rejects Citigroup-SEC settlement, sets trial date
- Greg Conko discusses the FDA's ban on off-label promotion
- Wal-Mart Settlement Offer: Potentially Pocket Change for Class Member Participants
- SEC and Citigroup Anxiously Await Ruling
- Gryphon on Prakash on Vioxx
- Around the web, September 9
- Zero for Ground Zero worker
- What media bias? files
- "Road map" on NYC 9/11 dust claims
- Behind one Texas asbestos case
- BREAKING: WR Grace settles
- Offer of settlement in Colorado