With the legislative train poised to leave the station on this employment-law expansion, Andrew Grossman of Heritage urges members of Congress to stop and think before undercutting the principles behind statutes of limitation, which every advanced legal system have found a crucial check on the tendency of disputes otherwise to proliferate without limit.
"The Ledbetter Act: Sacrificing Justice for 'Fair' Pay"
- Paycheck Fairness Act, defining 'fairness' as more litigation
- Ledbetter, Sotomayor and an empathetic statute of limitations
- Ledbetter and the press, cont'd
- Because everyone knows all suits are meritorious
- Ledbetter Act to apply to promotion, demotion decisions?
- "The Mirage of Pay Equity"
- Ledbetter legislation passes House, on to President Obama
- When in doubt, sue -- Senate passes Ledbetter bill
- More on the Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, rewriting legal principles
- "Record Retention Nightmare Created by Ledbetter Fair Pay Act"
- The two labor/lawyer/grievance bills pass House
- Hans Bader on Ledbetter/PFA
- Environmental justice is to justice as ...
- The new Congress convenes, trial lawyer lobby smiles
Center for Legal Policy at the