Sen. Obama criticized the Supreme Court opinion on statutes of limitation in employment discrimination suits; as Carter, Ted and other bloggers at this site have shown in numerous posts, such outrage is misplaced. Daniel Schwartz also comments and assembles several links, while Michael Fox at Jottings By an Employer's Lawyer points out that other fixes are available for the discontents in question.
Presidential debate invokes Lilly Ledbetter
- Paycheck Fairness Act, defining 'fairness' as more litigation
- Ledbetter, Sotomayor and an empathetic statute of limitations
- Because everyone knows all suits are meritorious
- Ledbetter Act to apply to promotion, demotion decisions?
- "The Mirage of Pay Equity"
- Ledbetter legislation passes House, on to President Obama
- When in doubt, sue -- Senate passes Ledbetter bill
- More on the Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, rewriting legal principles
- "The Ledbetter Act: Sacrificing Justice for 'Fair' Pay"
- The new Congress convenes, trial lawyer lobby smiles
- The Senate Judiciary hearing on Ledbetter, fair pay
- One last Ledbetter appearance in Congress
- Legal issues in Congress in the month ahead
- Pictures of Lilly
Center for Legal Policy at the