Fifth in the ongoing multi-sided discussion series "New Talk" from Philip Howard's Common Good, this one runs from today through Thursday and includes such names as Judge Edith Jones, Profs. Walter Dellinger, David Schoenbrod and Peter Schuck, Alan Morrison, Ken Feinberg, and our own Ted Frank, to name only a few.
"What is the role of the courts in making social policy?"
- Where Newt's wrong--and where he's right
- Texas Supreme Court finishes off Garza v. Merck
- Brown v. Plata
- Around the web, April 14
- "New York Takes Step on Money in Judicial Elections"
- Anti-Prop 8. Anti-Perry.
- Goodwin Liu on judges' writings
- Jonathan Adler on the Liu nomination
- USDC: Corrupt PA Judges Have Civil Immunity
- At the Michigan Supreme Court
- Chevron: Ecuadorians sought bribes in giant tort case
- Ideological predilections of federal appeals courts
- Another Scruggs-Related Guilty Plea
- Executive and legislative branches in liberal hands, judiciary in conservative
- Milberg hires judge who ruled in its favor