A 6-3 ruling in Crawford et al. v. Marion County Election Board et al. The opinion is available here, allowing states to require photo identification for casting a vote. Majority opinion written by Justice Stevens, joined by Chief Justice John Roberts and Justices Anthony Kennedy, Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito in the majority. Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, David Souter and Stephen Breyer dissented.
Supreme Court Upholds Indiana Voter Photo ID Law
- Obamacare Debate Complete: The participant with the most compelling argument was...
- Sackett v. EPA
- Coming next week: featured discussion on PPACA
- A small victory against the EPA
- New Podcasts: Making sense of the court order in Kiobel
- Kiobel debate complete
- New Featured Discussion: Kiobel and corporate liability under the Alien Tort Statute
- Supreme Court hears argument on Stolen Valor Act
- Compucredit v. Greenwood
- Wherein George Soros wastes his money
- The myth of the pro-business Supreme Court (continued)
- The expense of the death penalty
- Alex Tabarrok on medical patents
- Reuters releases innovative SCOTUS tracking tool
- Supreme Court TV?
Center for Legal Policy at the