The Independent Urologist reflects on a family of Long Island ob/gyns gradually being driven out of business by the liability climate -- aside from the one member who moved his practice to Maine and saw his med-mal insurance drop by 66%. Related: doctors rallied Mar. 4 in Albany; Newsday editorial; more from the IU.
"Where is Dr. Carl?"
- § 1920 and e-discovery costs
- "When Lawyers Become Trolls"
- NYC Transit Authority forbids drivers from calling police?
- A shocking concession by Svorny on medical malpractice caps
- Defensive customer service
- Cain and sexual harassment charges
- Study: patent trolls cost at least $500 billion
- Obama's American Jobs Act to create lawyer jobs
- "Twombly is the Logical Extension of the Mathews v. Eldridge Test to Discovery"
- Texas tort reform could be a 2012 issue
- "Fair Employment Opportunity Act of 2011"
- Around the web, March 9
- New doctors fleeing Illinois because of malpractice environment
- Med-mal insurers and antitrust: the costs of payback
- "Call it 'Sue York' as city loses over $500 million in lawsuits"
Center for Legal Policy at the