The scare was in the papers this week and might scare some epileptics and other patients off drugs like Depakote, Lyrica and Neurontin. Where did it originate? The Last Psychiatrist says a personal injury lawyer from New York has been campaigning for years to forward adverse event reports to the FDA with the aim of establishing such a link; it's still early to draw any conclusions, though, the numbers at the moment being thin and hard to interpret.
Suicide risk of anticonvulsants?
- Pane and Suffering at Apple Store on Long Island
- Update: good result in Howell v. Hamilton Meats & Provisions
- Howell v. Hamilton Meats & Provisions
- Poorly-drafted Medicare legislation adding costs
- Office-lobby slip-falls
- "The right prescription for drug safety"
- The FDA and drug pre-emption
- Meat safety scare
- "Polluting Medical Judgment? False Assumptions in the Pursuit of False Claims Regarding Off-Label Prescribing"
- The FDA's warning letter on Vioxx
- FDA's new "Changes Being Effected" regulation
- FDA preemption in the courts
- Vioxx settlement provides windfall for plaintiffs who brought legally frivolous suits
- Non-Manufacturer Owes Duty to Product Consumer, says Federal Court
Center for Legal Policy at the