In his last State of the Union speech tonight, President Bush said that "Congress must ... confront the epidemic of junk medical lawsuits" in order to make health care affordable. He didn't offer any details, but it was good to have the issue raised.
Med-mal Reform Gets Cameo in SOTU
- Medical malpractice reform passes House
- Federal constitutional challenge to Texas tort reform rejected
- HR 5
- New Featured Discussion: MI and Cato scholars debate med-mal
- Arafiles update
- Around the web, July 27
- Around the web, June 24
- Around the web, June 16
- Illusory medical malpractice reform in New York
- "Intent to Harm"
- Somin on federalism and tort reform
- Around the web, May 23
- The constitutionality of HR 5
- "Have Policy Debates on Liability Reform Overemphasized States' Rights?"
- The Commerce Clause, sufficient for federal medical tort reform?