The challenge to the Vioxx settlement made on ethical grounds (which got substantial publicity in the New York Times and blogosphere when it was filed last week) was voluntarily withdrawn in a brief filed on December 22, and will not be argued on January 7 as originally reported. The supporting papers in the motion to withdraw state that the parties are meeting on the issue and have made "great progress," but do not specify what that progress is.
BREAKING: Challenge to Vioxx settlement withdrawn
- Apple iPhone 4 bumper class action settlement
- Third Circuit argument in Dewey v. Volkswagen
- Dewey v. Volkswagen oral argument tomorrow
- How much is the Bluetooth settlement injunction worth?
- CCAF Seventh Circuit briefing on derivative shareholder suit standards
- Day v. Persels & Associates
- Bad typography evidence of bad faith?
- Apple class actions
- Cobell v. Salazar oral argument in DC Circuit
- Herzfeld & Rubin, Volkswagen, and Stockholm Syndrome
- Sixth Circuit brief in Pampers Dry Max class action
- Behind the paywall
- "A Public Letter From the Cobell Lawyers Prompts Ethics and Harassment Concerns"
- Around the web, January 27
- McClintic v. Lithia Motors
Center for Legal Policy at the