The Chamber's Southeast Texas Record reports that Arkansas AG Dustin McDaniel has hired Houston-based Bailey Perrin Bailey on a 15 percent contingency to go after AstraZeneca, Eli Lilly and Johnson & Johnson, the makers of Seroquel, Zyprexa and Risperdal respectively, for Medicaid damages arising from alleged mismarketing. The hoped-for damages apparently reach $600 million, though that would seem to assume that all sales of the (powerful and highly useful) psychiatric drugs to state purchasers were illegitimate. Earlier: Oct. 4.
Arkansas drug suit, cont'd
- Prairie dog bite: $328,370
- New Zealand's unique injury compensation system
- Yoo-hoo! ABA Journal!
- Bigger jury verdicts during the holiday season?
- Litigation earmark for black-farmers suit
- "What determines malpractice payments?"
- $60 Million Damages Award to Sleepy Driver Overturned
- Taxation of employment-law damages
- The nullification crisis of 2004?
- Utah court tosses "split-award" law
- Asbestos: goodbye to another insurer
- Does tort reform affect insurance rates? II
- Update: Eisenberg/Miller study
- The Lawsuits of Madison County
Center for Legal Policy at the